Smoot Lumber company was originally established in 1822 out of Alexandria, Virginia. Smoot Building Solutions has expanded with locations in both DC and Paradise, Pa. Combining our long history in the industry with current technological innovations we are able to provide an enhanced experience for our customers no others can match. Smoot offers one of the most extensive collections of in-stock mouldings in the marketplace in addition to the building materials our customers expect and professional services they rely on.
Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and paramount to our future. Our organization is fast-paced to meet the demands of our customers, while also being fun and rewarding with opportunities for growth. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Smoot Building Solutions team is Customer Focused, Associate Driven.
The Inside Sales/Showroom Window Specialist assists customers in the showroom both in face to face sales consultations and over the phone. Establish sales relationships with targeted, key builder accounts. Work in conjunction with Outside Sales team to grow Premium Window sales. Assist walk-in customers as required.
Maintain exceptional level of individual sales as set by local manager.
1. Facilitate exceptional service and communication with customers on the showroom floor and via phone.
2. Responsible for appearance of the showroom, the physical integrity and pride of the showroom.
3. Close the sale by selling SBS value (“The best people, products and service.")
4. Assist with physical inventory.
5. Maintain current product knowledge.
6. Attend assigned training and meetings as required increase knowledge of entire product offering.
7. Develop new business leads.
8. Basic ability to read and understand blueprints.
9. Facilitate product selection of scheduled and walk-in showroom customers, using proper forms to assure consistent records of selections.
10. Maintain individual follow up system to assure proper attention of orders and quotations.
1. Minimum education required: High school graduate, college degree preferred.
2. Minimum experience required: 3-5 years sales experience in Window/Door products
3. Special skills required: Excellent product knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills (customers, vendors, associates), vendor knowledge, ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical skills. Computer, printer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, engineer’s scale/ruler and mechanical tools.
4. Other: Computer literate with Microsoft Office products and Trend system.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.