Industrial Refrigeration Drafter
ColonialWebb is seeking experienced CAD professionals to design and draft piping and other components of ammonia refrigeration projects. As our Industrial Refrigeration Drafter, you will generate CAD documents including project coordination drawings, working shop drawings, and any documents that support shop and construction operations. Don’t miss out on this COOL opportunity to develop and grow your career with ColonialWebb!
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates
- Coordinate and detail work in accordance with plans, specifications, and ColonialWebb fabrication and drafting standards.
- Develop clear and complete construction drawings under the direction of Project Engineers (Construction drawings include plan views, schedules, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), isometric drawings, elevations, and details).
- Work in collaboration with Project Engineers to reduce the cost of installation through efficient layout and careful planning of the project.
- Create efficient layouts by eliminating unnecessary pipe and fitting.
- Attend job meetings as requested by Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Thoroughly review and understand all project documents and the scope of work.
- Provide accurate estimates for completion of assignments to Project Engineers.
- Update piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) as part of OSHA’s required process safety information (PSI).
- Cultivate a knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems and begin to assist Project Engineers in the design process.
- Provide isometric drawings for documentation of process safety information (PSI).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of drafting standards and processes.
Location: Norfolk, VA
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Understanding of piping systems relative to the mechanical construction industry.
- Working knowledge of TSI (FAB MEP) software.
- Commercial/industrial industry knowledge with field experience at a Foreman’s level.
- Knowledge of industrial refrigeration piping systems and equipment associated with ammonia refrigeration systems for food distribution centers, cold storage, and food processing facilities.
- 3+ years’ experience with CAD detailing and design.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2010.
- Experience with 3D design.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent administrative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, Personal leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies
How to Apply
Apply online at