Family owned and operated regional service company located in Petersburg, VA has an opening for an Industrial Maintenance Technician. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of at least 3-5 years plant maintenance experience. Minimum job requirements include knowledge of preventative maintenance procedures, boilers, air compressors, PLC's, welding, piping, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical circuitry and electrical trouble shooting as well as general equipment and building maintenance. Candidate must have the ability to communicate with all levels of management, manage and support engineering teams and coordinate preventative maintenance programs. Must have the ability to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds. Hours may vary based on production requirements and customer needs. Flexibility in schedule required.
• Electrical/ mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance program
• Works with other associates in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation to accomplish goals
• Maintains cleanliness standards
• Assists in other areas and/or departments as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
Technical-At least 3-5 years plant maintenance experience to include:
• Experience with Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Electronics
• Ability to weld either: Stick, TIG, MIG or Oxygen and Acetylene preferred
• Familiar with the following:
4-way Solenoid valves
• Experience with gas or oil fired boilers
• Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of management
• Must be a self-starter who is good at identifying & leveraging opportunities as they arise
• Must have a positive attitude and be team oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to work overtime including Saturdays; Able to maintain work schedule; Good attendance
• Valid driver's license
Benefits which currently include:
Competitive salary, 401-K with company match, medical coverage, life insurance, paid vacations, paid holidays, and stability with an 80-year-old family owned and managed company.
For consideration for this position, please submit your resume.
An EEO/DV/WM Co. Drug Test and Background Check performed.
Our local family-owned, professionally managed company has been the leading service provider to the community for over 80 years.