ColonialWebb is seeking an experienced and talented HVAC and Refrigeration professional to join our Building Services Team in Richmond as an HVAC/R Supervisor overseeing a team of ten HVAC/R professionals. In this hands-on position, you will work alongside the Service Manager to manage the day to day work activities for Technicians and Apprentices, and represent ColonialWebb to our customers to ensure customer satisfaction, retention, and business growth.
This position calls for someone looking to grow in their career (opportunities for management) and someone who's seeking long-term employment.
Looking for an opportunity to step up as a leader and take the next step in your career? If so, look no further than ColonialWebb. We are growing and in need of a dynamic leader to join our team.
Keep reading to learn more about this exciting role and what we have to offer!
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair services on HVAC, Refrigeration, and associated Control systems.
- Provide technical support to Technicians, Apprentices, and Helpers.
- Mentor and demonstrate best practices to Technicians, Apprentices, and Helpers.
- Demonstrate a passion for safety, ensure assigned team understands that safety is “ALWAYS” the top priority.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with customers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with our sales team to perform site visits and develop estimates for maintenance and repair services.
- Work with service management and service coordinators to identify and resolve any work performance or customers service issues affecting the Building Services Team.
- Meet with assigned employees, to review work progress, technical issues, and scheduling activities; report status to Service Manager.
- Share and demonstrate our core values (Safety, Integrity, Empathy, and Urgency) to employees and customers.
What we’re looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing HVAC, Refrigeration, and associated Control systems.
- Previous supervision experience is a plus.
- Universal EPA.
- Journeyman or Master license in applicable trade is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Supermarket experience preferred, but not mandatory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical and mechanical expertise.
- Knowledge of current Building Codes and OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to develop maintenance and service estimates.
- Leadership skills: ability to develop high performing teams through coaching, mentoring, recruiting, and managing performance.
- Customer management skills; ability to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively (verbally and written) with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, but remain calm when handling emergencies.
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to provide innovative solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
Benefits and Perks:
- Top-Market Wages based on experience and qualifications!
- Company phone.
- Company Vehicle.
- Progressive leadership.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Company sponsored wellness program.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
- Excellent career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
- Community service opportunities.
- And much much more...
How to Apply:
Apply online at