We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual. We strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations! If you're interested in
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you!
We are a Virginia Apprenticeship Sponsor which provides a path to licensure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Sick Time
- Company vehicle
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 4 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial, Institutional
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. has over seven decades of service to our customers; we are an established leader in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and piping. Our extensive range of services combined with our experience ensures that we meet our customers’ every need and enables us to offer a broad range of career opportunities.
• Main office in Mt. Crawford, VA
• Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA
• Full service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC service, controls and design-build company
• Over 1,400 successfully completed major projects
• Member of Associated General Contractors (AGC), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE), American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors National Association (PHCC), Association for Faculties Engineering (AFE), Refrigeration
HVAC Controls Technician
Perform work in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning trade involving the installation, diagnosis,
troubleshooting and repair of electric, electronic and computerized control systems.
Specific Job Duties:
- Maintains, inspects, and repairs pneumatic and electronic, electric and DDC HVAC system controls
- Performs troubleshooting tasks, including problem diagnosis, identification and isolation. Discusses system malfunctions with users to assist in isolation of problem. Determines appropriate action for problem resolution.
- Uses TAB techniques to perform diagnostic duties and make repairs to systems.
- Inspects systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts.
- Studies building system design, as-built blueprints, HVAC systems diagrams, technical specifications and system configurations. Tests component and system performance to determine the need for adjustment or repair; develops methods to resolve performance problems in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Programs, designs and modifies HVAC sub-systems of electronic building automation systems.
- Consults with engineers and contractors as necessary regarding system operation and configuration.
- Orders appropriate materials, components, and equipment necessary for efficient system operation.
- Performs other related work as required in support of general HVAC maintenance activity.
- Ability to work at heights; must be able to climb and work on ladders
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as stoop, kneel , bend stretch, crouch and
- Ability to lift, hold and carry equipment and materials weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to use hands to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the trade, which may include an apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training, should include some experience in the HVAC trade as a service or maintenance technician
- Minimum 2 years automated system controls-related experience or equivalent formal training in automated systems controls operations
- Knowledge of the test and diagnostic equipment and instruments and hand and power tools used in this work
- Ability to read and analyze building blueprints and HVAC systems diagrams and specifications.
- Punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to work on a team and interact with people
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, craftsmen, contractors, vendors and system users orally and in writing.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet company driver qualification policy
- Follow and adhere to all company safety requirements and processes
- Work flexible hours as needed