Posted on behalf Virginia Paving Company
General Description of Duties
Under general direction of Lead Mechanic and Equipment Shop Managers, purpose of position is to perform general mechanical work in repair and maintenance of diversified automotive and heavy construction equipment. Employee repairs and services vehicles and other motorized equipment, and maintains cleanliness of the shop area. Performs related work as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible to support all equipment maintenance operations within Company to include:
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components
- Prepares, inspects, and operates machines prior to delivery
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts
- Determines re-usability of parts in accordance with re-usability guidelines
- Notifies Shop Managers of needed replacement parts, ensuring that parts orders are correct and complete at the time of order
- Services and maintains equipment owned by the company
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machine and engine malfunctions and failures
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems
- Uses safe working practices and follows all company safety requirements
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Performs maintenance activities on new and rebuilt/repaired equipment
- Makes parts replacement decisions assuring optimum economic re-usability
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record required
- Ability to obtain base security clearance required
- CDL Class 'A' Driver's License a plus
- Position requires ability to work overtime, nights and weekends
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.