Timmons Group is seeking an experienced GIS Systems Architect in a variety of locations.
The GIS Systems Architect is responsible for high end technical visioning, systems architecture, advanced data modeling and geoprocessing. The GIS Systems Architect applies Geographic Information System (GIS) and Database technology to provide GIS database support to critical mapping applications and support services. In this role, the GIS Systems Analyst performs research, analysis, design and creation of data products and geospatial databases. Additionally, this role requires collaboration with the Database Administrator to develop and maintain spatial databases, tune spatial content, and ensure the reliability of data content. These tasks are illustrative only and may include other related duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- UML-based modeling.
- Perform data manipulation, model design, development and integration tasks in a SQL Server or Oracle database environment.
- Assist in establishing best practices to be followed by data conversion/maintenance staff.
- Assist in documenting and developing client business application requirements.
- Create geoprocessing tasks using model builder.
- Extensive development of ESRI-based Python scripts.
- Manage and create ArcGIS services.
- Management of ESRI versions and versioning schemes.
- Installation of ArcSDE.
- Administration of ArcSDE users, roles and security models.
- Write application development and end user documentation as necessary.
- Participate in meetings with Technology Services and client staff to fully understand expected project outcomes.
- Work cooperatively with Project Managers and peers to complete assigned work.
- Proactively seek input and clarification from other employee’s assigned to given projects in order to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Document and develop client business application requirements.
- Perform cartographic tasks to develop end user map products.
- Analyze, define, model, implement and maintain databases.
- Provide on-going support for GIS programs and functions requiring programming and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools and data.
- Apply sophisticated geospatial analysis techniques to data sets.
- Provide process oriented approach to project work.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- Experience with ESRI GIS Software.
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle database development and use.
- Ability to consult clients in best practices for data management including workflows, tools, governance models and integration patterns.
- Knowledge of ESRI Production Mapping suite of tools including Data Review, Workflow Manager and Task Assistant Manager.
- Experience with ESRI geoprocessing tool development.
- Expertise with ArcGIS Server and Geodatabases.
- Require minimal direction in daily operation and problem resolution.
- Technical expertise obtaining, manipulating and organizing data as well as defining, planning and implementing analysis and processes.
- Technical experience in GIS with ESRI 9.x and/or 10.x ArcGIS Desktop.
- Fluency in scripting languages and tools such as: SQL, Python, .NET, ArcGIS Model Builder and other spatial data processing tools.
- Understanding of technologies and how to produce ArcGIS data services, manage caching and provide additional support for data or service consumers such as web-GIS applications and ArcObjects.
- Must be capable of correctly operating technical analysis equipment and computer equipment after being provided training.
- Ability to script and process automation experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team with excellent time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical literature and source documents.
- Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to apply computer and technology knowledge toward solving assigned tasks and activities.
- Must be able to analyze complex mapping and GIS development and production strategies using current knowledge of computer applications and technology.
- Must be able to research and recommend new methods, equipment, or programs to better accomplish tasks.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.