Position: Full time
Location: Richmond, VA
Branch & Associates, Inc. is searching for a highly skilled, team-oriented General Superintendent with at least 15 years of commercial construction experience to join our well-established and growing company. This position works closely with all members of the project team to ensure success of the project. The General Superintendent will report directly to the Director of Operations/Regional Business Leader in each Region.
Our General Superintendents work in partnership with the Superintendent and Project Manager to deliver a quality project in a timely fashion. As such, they will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the Superintendents with directing project construction in accordance with the project documents (plans, specifications, submittals, etc.).
- Supervise Project Superintendents with respect to coordination of subcontractor scopes of work utilizing scope review meetings, preparatory meetings, and subcontractor meetings to ensure consistent effective communication, high quality workmanship, and completion on schedule.
- Assist Project Superintendents with managing permitting and inspection efforts with code officials to achieve scheduled project occupancy and ensure the work is code compliant.
- Mentor, train, and manage Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foreman, Carpenters and Interns.
- Represent Branch & Associates along with a Project Superintendent as a point of contact with Owners, Design Teams, and Subcontractors to develop relationships based upon a fair, reasonable, and trustworthy approach to the project.
- Proactive support Project Superintendents and train them to provide leadership and guidance to subcontractors to develop functional project teams which proactively identify and resolve challenges arising during construction.
- Participate in project schedule development at a preliminary and proposal level. Provide support and guidance to the Project Superintendent who will lead the implementation of LEAN processes to plan, coordinate, communicate, and manage daily work toward project completion. Ability to assist, guide, support and help maintain project schedule updates throughout a project.
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Branch and Associates, Inc. Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation. Provide support and guidance to Project Superintendents related to project safety. Review project safety reports by the safety department and Superintendent’s Daily Safety reports continuously to help Project Superintendents learn and maintain project safety requirements.
- Participate in preconstruction project efforts such as constructability reviews, schedule development, pricing and subcontractor scope reviews.
- Develop and/or teach classes and construction concepts to Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, and Project Engineers.
- Build and organize functioning teams, determine number of employees needed and assist the Regional Business Leader/Director of Operations with recruitment and hiring of Project Teams.
- Assist with the development and mentoring project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations.
- Assist project teams in the development of short and long term schedules, monitor and adjust field activities to achieve on time performance
- Mentor Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, and Project Engineers on daily reporting functions and priority adjustments. Review daily reports for projects to ensure the proper information is being reported.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge of contract documents, project requirements, and 3rd party agreements including subcontracts, vendor agreements, and labor contracts
- Actively participate in project meetings with client, staff, and subcontractors
- Liaison with company support departments, labor, and outside agencies while promoting Branch and Associates, Inc. position in the region
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Labor Regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of the overall construction industry.
- Effective as a team member and overall team builder.
- Strong Leadership and management abilities and skills.
- Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees.
- Understanding financial operations and overall project costs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- OSHA 30 Certification and ability to effectively manage a safe work environment and supervise others to accomplish the same.
- Computer and Ipad skills with Microsoft Office, Project Management Software (Procore, Prolog, etc.), Bluebeam, and scheduling software.
- 10+ years of experience as a construction superintendent.
- K-12/Higher Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus but is not required.
- Fair and reasonable proactive approach with a strong work ethic and a positive can-do attitude.
Extensive travel within the assigned region
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by the company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Branch & Associates is an advocate for our projects defined by strong core values: Relationships, Exceptionalism, Accountability, Enjoyment. We are a flat company with a family atmosphere looking for the right people passionate about doing the right things. We encourage interested candidates to review our website to better understand our commitment to schedule and quality for our projects.
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.