Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Summary: Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly-motivated individual to work with government organizations to assist with IT strategy, stakeholder engagement and coordination, and technical support to improve the performance of core mission operations. This position will involve developing strategic work products, supporting stakeholder meetings, and conducting a variety of strategic, operational, and technical analyses.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and data gathering to identify key themes, trends, and opportunities from complex data sets for the implementation of new technologies to support operations
- Analyze operational, technical, strategic, and policy information to identify findings and develop recommendations for improvements in IT systems, devices, and applications
- Assist with conducting customer and stakeholder analyses by capturing, synthesizing, and summarizing key points from interviews, focus groups, and internal meetings, and translating insights into draft deliverables and products
- Support the development of written work products including strategic plans, alternatives analyses, data collections tools, presentations, talking points, fact sheets, and white papers
- Build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Provide meeting planning, facilitation, and logistical support
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent research, data gathering, analytical, critical thinking, and listening skills
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and learn quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, ensure any conflicts are brought to the attention of the management team, and multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to interact and network effectively with all levels of staff, including senior leadership, both internal and on the client site
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience with consulting in a professional or internship environment
- Experience in homeland security and/or public safety operations or technology
- Experience and/or education related to IT strategy or management
- Existing TS or Secret clearance or DHS Suitability
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.