CLP Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: Firewatch in Chesapeake
Ready to put your skills to work? When you join CLP, you’ll work for large and small companies, national and local, that need skilled tradespeople. You have expertise and reliability. CLP has jobs.
CLP is currently hiring Firewatch Workers for upcoming positions with a large Navy subcontractor in the Chesapeake, Virginia area.
Put your experience to work. Contact CLP today.
Firewatch Job Description
• Prepare work sites for hot work
• Identify work location
• String welding leads/hose
• Stage fire extinguishers
• Tie/tape-up fire retarding blankets
• Remove burnable debris left by another trade
• Identify equipment/services that shall be moved to avoid damage
• Locate ventilation lines and install metal preheating devices.
• Fire watch: observe hot work operations, be prepared to prevent a fire from occurring and/or sound a general alarm if danger presents.
• Government Security Clearance aka “Red Badge”
• Each person must have at least at least 2 years general experience in a heavy industrial work environment such as ship building, power plant construction, commercial building construction or bridge construction.
• At least 3 months of experience fire watching for “hot work” operations in a heavy industrial work environment and shall be currently qualified to stand fire watch duties.
• Fire watch laborers shall have had live-fire training, using both CO2 and Air Pressurized Water, as part of their qualification process.
• Experience preparing hot work sites, anticipating hazards and covering-up areas/components to contain sparks/slag.
• Experience preferred
• Committed to safety at all times
• Reliable attendance