Position: Full Time
Location: Virginia Beach area
Branch Civil is searching for an experienced, dependable Field Mechanic to join our well-established, growing company. The Field Mechanic will report to the Shop Foreperson. This position will be responsible for inspecting, servicing and repairing a fleet of heavy equipment, small equipment and tools and on-road vehicles, including medium to heavy duty trucks.
- Comply with all BCI, OSHA, or other relevant safety rules and regulations
- Conduct all business with a professional and respectful attitude.
- Inspect, service, and repair as needed deployed fleet of heavy equipment, small equipment and tools, and on-road vehicles including medium to heavy duty trucks.
- Other mechanical duties and tasks as requested by Equipment Operations Foreperson
- Communicate equipment status and readiness with job and equipment operations management
- Schedule repairs and services with job management to minimize production impact
- Maintain records and paper work as required in a timely and legible manner
- Own and maintain industry standard basic tools required to perform heavy equipment repair tasks
- Associates Degree in Automotive / Diesel Field and 2 years related experience or
- Technical diploma and 3 years related experience or
- 5 years heavy equipment repair experience.
- Basic computer skills with iPad and MS office experience
- CDL License with hazmat and tanker endorsements required with-in 60 days
Preferred Qualifications/ Education:
- Oxy/acetylene cutting and welding- mig and stick Welding
- Service crane and rigging experience
- Mobile air conditioning certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.