Posted on behalf of Senate Asphalt.
Reports to: Area Manager – Senate Asphalt
The Estimator/Project Manager develops and implements all department standards and procedures, responsible for preparation and review of all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness. In addition, communicates and coordinates work with team members, customers, and subcontractors.
- Read/review plans, proposals, specifications, RFP’s, and any other pertinent project related documents necessary to develop a competent and competitive bid proposal
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for bids
- Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions
- Actively communicate with subcontractors and vendors to facilitate quotes
- Prepare estimates using HCSS HeavyBid software and/or Excel
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to estimating as requested by management
- Review bids with Area Manager
- Prepare and submit proposals to owners and follow up with any post-bid requirements
- Prepare and review project change orders
- Check invoices of subcontractors and vendors
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and partners in the region
- Understand and stay current on market demand and bid prices in the Washington, DC Metro area
- Must be able to multitask and handle several jobs, bids and contracts simultaneously
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors on project
- Maintain various bid data for
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Senate Asphalt’s values
- And other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Estimator/Construction Supervisor
- Site work, asphalt paving, stonework, utility restoration, misc. concrete
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- HCSS experience strongly preferred
- JDEdwards experience is preferred
- Online takeoff experience preferred
- Great attitude and team player!
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.