Curtis Contracting, Inc. (CCI) focuses on design-build construction and general contracting for building, highway, and infrastructure improvements for federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
CCI is separated into multiple divisions including the Building division, Civil division, Bridge division, Asphalt Paving Division, and Federal division. As a prime contractor, CCI’s work includes a full range of building construction activities and design-build projects. CCI has extensive design-build experience and prefers to pursue project solicitations that recognize safety, quality, environmental stewardship, and performance as the major factors in the contract award criteria.
CCI has a large equipment fleet and self performs all aspects of construction management, site work, utilities, demolition, asbestos abatement, heavy highway, cast-in-place concrete, rough carpentry, installation of divisions 8 & 10 items, and erection of pre-engineered metal structures.
Job Description/ Summary/ Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- At least five years experience estimating Roadway, Site, Utility and Bridge projects
- Proficiency with HCSS Estimating software to include
- Creation of estimates from scratch or DOT database
- Modification of crews and resources to match individual project constraints
- Solicitation, receipt and input of subcontractor and vendor quotes into HCSS system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with Agtek earthwork software
- Proficiency with Adobe PDF document creation and modification
- Proficiency with Google Earth
- Willingness to work in a high intensity environment with multiple projects being completed concurrently.
- Work hours to include occasional nights and weekends depending upon bid schedule.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the Estimating Team
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete takeoff of all facets of Roadway, Site, Utility and Bridge construction plans
- Ability to review Project Specifications and provide Bid Review Team with project requirements that may affect project cost and schedule
- Ability to effectively manage bid documents to include plans, specifications and addenda
- Ability to process bid forms, bonds and other bid submission documents
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K Program
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave
- Company Phone
- Company Vehicle