Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join an industry leading Energy Services Company (ESCO) as they expand in VA. This exciting Account Executive position is well suited for sales professionals with a successful track record in the public sector, with a focus on state or local government and schools. You could have current or past experience selling at the executive level in industries such as Performance Contracting, Building Automation systems, or mechanical contracting. Relationships with decision makers in the public sector, as well as experience selling operational efficiency solutions required. Branch locations are Chesapeake and Richmond.
Compensation commensurate with experience in the $90,000-$115,000 range plus uncapped commission plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential customers to execute sales in the public vertical market.
- Prospect for new business, including working trade shows, researching publications and the Web, be involved with numerous organizations such as: Rotary, Associations of School board officials and/or School Superintendents, Associations of Counties, Organizations of Cities and Town, and making cold calls.
- Lead multi-disciplined project teams to develop customer requirements and capture business.
- Work with marketing and other sales personnel to develop responses to customer RFP’s and lead negotiations in developing contracts.
- Determine and assess a customer’s needs, provide solutions, negotiate deals, bring sales to a close (long sales cycle management).
- Advise management of pending issues or problems as they arise for resolution.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years sales and marketing experience selling bundled energy solutions projects with guaranteed savings, comprehensive technical projects with long sales cycle, engineered building automation or mechanical projects, and/or utility services.
- An understanding of ESCO project financing desired.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet and/or exceed established sales goals and/or quotas.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrating professionalism, self-confidence, drive, and commitment with the ability to interact appropriately at all levels (including C-Level) within an organization.
- Above average writing and presentation skills, with the ability to properly format, develop and craft documents. Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Availability for travel as necessary with or without notice by car, air, train, and/or public transportation and ability to pass background check, physical and drug screen.
Company provides above average compensation that includes salary and aggressive commission plan and a comprehensive benefits package. Team members enjoy working for an employee friendly company in a team oriented work environment.