T E C Industrial has been building a team for more than 60 years, we are a growing Industrial Maintenance and Construction specialty contractor focused on the safety of our employees, integrity of our operations, and the solutions achieved for our customers. Our company is a welcome home for individuals who take pride in their work, who enjoy working on a strong team, and who keep our customer’s needs in mind. T E C Industrial is recognized in the industry as leader in providing comprehensive solution to our customers, and we do it with a strong group of dedicated employees.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental
- Group Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life
- 401k plan with company match
- Supplemental options: Accident plan, Critical Illness plan, Whole life insurance, FSA
We are a growing organization seeking committed candidates to help us serve our clients. Currently we have an opportunity for an Electrical Helper.
- Following safe practices outlined by the Safety Department
- Assist Electrician in installation and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
- Gather tools and supplies to be used at the work site, according to instructions.
- Measure, cut bend and thread electrical conduit, using a ruler and hand tools.
- Drill holes for installations, using a power drill.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring using knowledge of wiring and test meter.
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects, such as wiring, conduit and motors.
- Perform minor repairs, such as replacing switches and outlets, using hand tools.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keep supplies and parts in order.
- Place barricades around open manholes, excavations, and above and below working crew members to protect workers and the public from injury.
- Dig trenches and lower tools and materials to workers in excavations and vaults.
- Measure and cut wiring.
- Position reels of wire or electric cable and guide wire/cable as it is pulled into conduits to prevent damage to insulation.
- Core-drill and break up concrete using air hammer to facilitate installation or repair of equipment.
- Rig hoists and help move heavy machinery parts to assist in assembly and repair of generators, converters, switchgear, and related equipment as directed.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
We are looking for an experienced person who is also a solid team player.
General Educational Development Requirements
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Reasoning Development – Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in a situation where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Mathematical Development - Understand and apply principles of algebra, fractions, percentages, ratios, angles and measurements.
- Reading - Read and understand reports, estimates, technical tests, rules, policies, procedures and instructions. Read and analyze drawings and layout work.
- Writing – Write summaries, reports, and other necessary communications with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Speaking – Communicate with client, vendor and other contractor representation. Speak clearly and distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis, correct pronunciation, variations in work order, using correct tenses
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights
- The job requires the flexibility to bend, stoop and kneel to enter and/or work in confined or limited spaces as needed.
- Must have the ability to distinguish color differentiation for the purpose of identifying wire colors and color coded safety indicators.
- The job requires working in areas with extreme temperatures(hot/cold)
- The job requires working in chemical environments, some of which require the use of a breathing apparatus
- The job requires working in dirty or dusty areas
- Must be knowledgeable concerning types and uses of materials, parts, and assemblies used in electrical construction throughout the plant.
- Must be knowledgeable concerning use of all types of labor involved in electrical construction.
- Must be knowledgeable concerning use of all tools, machines and other equipment involved in electrical construction.
- Must be familiar with supervisory functions and principles of supervision.
Physical Profile Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The job requires occasionally remaining on one's feet in an upright position without moving for long periods of time, occasionally moving about on foot for long periods of time, remaining in a seated position for long periods of time, and/or climbing stairs, step-ladders, extension ladders and scaffolding ladders. The job also requires the ability to raise or lower an object of approximately 5-50 pounds from one level to another, the ability to transport an object of up to 50 pounds a distance of up to 10 yards, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly so that an object moves away from the force, and/or the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly so that an object moves toward the force.
Must be capable of operating a standard 1/2 ton pick-up for occasional delivery and pick-up of materials and personnel and hold a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle operator's license issued by the state of residence, and the manual dexterity necessary to operate a standard desktop computer keyboard.
T E C Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.