Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
Primary function of an Electrical Project Engineer: Assist Project Managers, Superintendents, Foremen, and other personnel in managing, scheduling, and purchasing for various types of construction projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand, support, and adhere to Crowder safety requirements; observe and correct violations as they arise on project sites.
- Plan work and purchase materials with safety in mind.
- Assist Project Manager with daily project duties.
- Expedite material procurement, approval, and delivery as necessary to promote accurate and efficient project construction.
- Prepare and track all necessary submittals.
- Obtain required material certifications.
- Assist Project Manager with material billing preparations.
- Order necessary materials and supplies.
- Maintain project files, current drawings, and production records.
- Assist the preparation and submittal of all documentation and records required for change orders.
- Assist in the analysis of cost for extra work.
- Assist Project Manager in overall coordination of project including subcontractors. Approve receiving invoices.
- Optimize cash flow.
- Build and maintain positive subcontractor relationships.
- Identify, pursue and recover fair compensation for all changes in scope.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 year engineering degree, construction management degree, or 5 years equivalent experience.
- General knowledge of computer software such as Auto CAD, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Primavera Project Planner, COINS, etc.
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Ability to prepare subcontractor scopes of work.
- Familiarity with pricing, purchasing, and preparation of purchase orders for materials and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.