Design-Build Project Manager
Position: Full time
Location: Northern Virginia
Branch Civil is searching for an experienced Design-Build Project Manager (DBPM) to join our Operation Teams in pursuing and managing Design-Build Transportation projects in the Southeast region, including Virginia and North Carolina. The DBPM will interact with the Design-Build group in providing pursuit and post-award coordination with designers and will take the lead role in managing the project with the Operations Team. The DBPM will work directly with the client/owner and will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and within budget.
- Demonstrates Project Manager level knowledge of construction operations
- Facilitates effective communication between design and construction
- Participates in pre-construction activities and manages the construction operations, ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Mediates conflicts between designers, clients, and contractors
- Work with the project team to forecast, manage cost, and secure profitably for the project
- Plans construction operations and analyzes project scheduling
- Manages and interprets data and results for multiple projects
- Identify contingency activities and evaluate potential risks
- Develop and maintain successful client and JV Partner relationships
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Uphold Branch’s safety policies
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts while working with the Preconstruction Services team and legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team
- Review subcontracts to protect the company’s interests and fulfill the company’s obligation to the client
- Evaluate changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner
- Monitor construction progress and the project schedule to ensure project milestones and budgets are met
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations
- Support corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 10+ years related industry experience in Heavy Civil Construction
- 5+ years of related Design-Build Management experience
- Previous experience performing a similar role on $50M+ projects
- Experience on large heavy civil projects involving complex roadway and structure transportation improvement projects
- Must have previous design-build and/or alternative delivery experience with large projects that have had a track record of being profitable.
- Proven success in delivering design-build projects for VDOT
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety commitments and be a good steward of the environment
- Ability to represent the company in administrating the contract with the client
- Ability to interface with joint venture partners, owners, and stakeholders while developing productive relationships
This position requires travel to projects within Virginia and North Carolina. Travel is estimated approximately 60%.
Directly supervises two to three employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.