Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American quality of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Communications Specialist will develop and implement strategic communications strategies focused on promoting awareness of federal cybersecurity programs and policies. Activities will include writing communications plans, collaborating with technical staff and graphic designers on graphics and outreach materials such as PowerPoint briefings, posters, and infographics.
The Communications Specialist will perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement internal and external outreach activities and activities to raise awareness, visibility, and adoption of key federal cybersecurity policies and programs such as the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program
- Establish and maintain communications between internal and external federal and industry cybersecurity stakeholders
- Create and update communications products such as brochures, briefings, talking points, meeting materials, web content, reports, and newsletters
- Analyze organizational needs to prepare written materials and recommend what information should be made available to the public (via news outlets, briefings, etc.)
- Actively participate as needed on operational cybersecurity project teams to influence the approach and functional deployment to ensure appropriate positioning of communications deliverables; and, actively advocate for communications best practices
- At least 5 years’ experience serving as a communications specialist as a consultant or government employee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field. Work experience in IT or Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex information security programs and policies
- Excellent written communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong verbal communication skills (comfortable with public speaking and communicating face-to-face with senior officials)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- The chosen candidate must have a current TS clearance or be eligible to obtain one.
- Current DHS suitability is a plus
Please provide at least 3 work samples showcasing communications products used to promote or explain complex programs and initiatives to a variety of audiences.
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.