Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American quality of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly-motivated individual to provide consulting support for a program focused on improving the security of federal agencies. This position will provide strategic planning, project management, communications, stakeholder engagement, and technical cybersecurity support services.
- Collaborate with Federal cybersecurity staff and leadership to identify and document challenges in implementing and operationalizing cybersecurity programs
- Help to build understanding by stakeholders of standards and guidelines related to cybersecurity and information security planning, implementation and operations
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of cybersecurity products and initiatives
- Support the development of guidance documents, products, and initiatives to build greater understanding of cybersecurity challenges, opportunities, best practices and lessons learned
- Develop presentations, talking points, fact sheets, and provide meeting support
- Work directly with program managers, stakeholders, and others to assess, plan, coordinate, and conduct activities related to project milestones
- Build strong relationships with internal customers and clients
- 5+ years of experience supporting cybersecurity programs with increasing levels of responsibility
- Must possess outstanding writing and presentation development skills
- Understanding of cybersecurity / information security policy and guidance including FISMA and NIST Guidance
- Strong knowledge of information security fundamentals and current security threats, techniques, and landscape including risk management
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills, including interfacing effectively with a broad range of people and roles
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, and have strong organizational skills
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to pass a background check for a clearance
- Preferred certifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- MA or MS degree
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.