Location: Roanoke or Virginia Beach area
Position: Full time
Branch Group is looking for an organized, detail-oriented Contract Administrator to join our well established, growing company. The Contract Administrator is a resource for the subsidiary companies and is an extension and a part of the project teams. This position is responsible for the overall administration of contracts including issuance of all subcontracts and purchase order contracts and maintenance of their respective templates.
- Reviews and analyzes Owner/Client Contracts, understands pass through language and specific contractual requirements, and communicates special contractual terms to appropriate personnel as required
- Prepares drafts of all subcontracts
- Prepares all major material purchase order contracts
- Provides technical guidance to Pre-Construction Services and Project Managers to ensure subcontracts and major material purchase order contracts are written properly and accurately
- Prepares drafts of all change orders
- Assists Project Managers with scope language as needed
- Participates in project buyout process and meetings as needed
- Uploads and maintains Project Manager Subcontract Detail in Vista for buyout reporting
- Adds cost codes as needed
- Reviews contracts, subcontractor schedule of values and other project documents to ensure thoroughness and accuracy
- Maintains Subcontracts and Purchase Order Contracts and all attachments and appendices within VISTA
- Ensures all documents, templates, forms, attachments and appendices have a consistent look and feel across all organizations
- Monitors, creates, implements and communicates the use of standard SCOPE items relative to specific owners, project types and geographic regions. (i.e. developing and implementing standard LEED language)
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Construction Management preferred
- Five or more years of relevant experience in the construction industry
- Must understand contract language and scope
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Handle multiple tasks and projects at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Power Point and Access)
- Proficient in Vista/Viewpoint software
- Proficient in Project Management Software (Procore and VISTA)
- Strong initiative, ownership, and teamwork skills
- Strong people skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high volume environment
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is not anticipated with this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A