Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly-motivated individual to provide support for a public safety and emergency communications project involving Federal, state, and local first responders. This position will provide strategic planning, project management, communications, stakeholder engagement, and technical support services.
- Work directly with program managers, stakeholders, and other performers to assess, plan, coordinate, and conduct activities related to project milestones.
- Collaborate with Federal, state, local, and tribal government entities in the development of policies, procedures, and standards related to telecommunications services and/or public safety communication
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of emergency communications products and initiatives
- Build strong relationships with internal customers and clients
- Support the development of guidance documents, products, and initiatives to build greater understanding of current public safety emergency communications challenges, opportunities, best practices and lessons learned
- Develop presentations, talking points, fact sheets, and provide meeting support
- Experience supporting projects with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in developing engaging presentations and publications
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills, including interfacing effectively with a broad range of people and roles
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, and have strong organizational skills
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Internship or Co-op experience in a consulting or government role
- MA or MS degree
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.