Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2017) is seeking a Service Technician for our office in Chesapeake, Virginia. Applicant must reside in Gloucester, Hampton, James City County, Matthews, Middlesex, New Kent, Newport News, or York County.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for seven consecutive years; 2011 through 2017.
Normal Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-Time
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
With safety being top priority, service technician will be responsible for operating, repairing, and maintaining equipment including: HVAC equipment, building control system, systems involving electric and pneumatic air flow, water flow, gas/electric heating and cooling equipment, boilers, valves, apparatus and lines used in the distribution of heated, chilled or processed water, computerized building management system, variable frequency drive units, and computerized Maintenance Management System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Uses a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Represents the company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Assists in ordering parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, subs and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret product specifications and experience in working with building specifications, drawings and designs
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary
- Provide responsive customer service. Answer customer calls and correspondence quickly and pleasantly. Communicate with customers in a friendly, professional, and patient manner.
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
- Immediately address any customer’s concern. Request the involvement of other Company personnel as required. Notify Area Service Team Leader of any major concerns and the action taken to resolve it.
- Use safe work practices.
- Notify Team Leader or Safety Coordinator of any unsafe conditions.
- Proper PPE equipment must be used at all times.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience working as an HVAC technician
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License and excellent driving record required
- EPA Universal Certification, Professional License Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both written and orally
- Required - Mobility within the office and on job sites
- Willingness to work extended hours when required
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Ability to pass formal background check
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility
- Willing to travel locally as required
- This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position may require the incumbent to work at healthcare facilities, K-12 and higher educational facilities, military installations, industrial facilities, and/or commercial office buildings.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb ladders.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online:
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ...and more!