Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2018) is seeking a Commercial Electrician for our office in Chesapeake, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for eight consecutive years; 2011 through 2018.
Normal Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-Time
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
Commercial Electrician report to the Contracting Team Leader or Program Manager and complete assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures to assist in achieving their teams’ goals and objectives. Work will consist of inspections, maintenance and repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the commercial and industrial electrical construction industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as may be assigned.
- Remain in compliance with current the National Electric Code
- Install, repair, and maintain wiring and control systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Repair or replace wiring and run conduit using hand tools and power tools
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring and equipment
- Size electrical circuits as needed
- Perform wire and cable pulls
- Wire and install systems and devices
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in the electrical trade
- Capacity to read blueprints, control drawings and technical diagrams
- Identify electrical problems with a multimeter
- Must be familiar with single phase and 3 phase electrical systems
- Must be familiar with relay logic, motor controls and VFD’s
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally
- Ability to work productively on a team
Certifications and Licenses:
- Required - Journeyman license
- Required – OSHA 10 certification
- Required - Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Required - Ability to obtain secure access to Government entities
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Ability to pass formal background check
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility
- Willing to travel locally as required
- Use safe work practices in the office and promote safe practices in the field
- Complete required safety training on time
- Proper PPE must be used at all times when required
- Notify Team Leader or Safety Leader of any unsafe conditions
- Comply with all customer safety requirements during jobsite visits
- Provide responsive customer service. Be reliable, be responsive, make customers feel valued, be empathetic, and be competent.
- Return all customer inquiries within 24 hours. Answer customer calls and e-mail quickly, thoroughly and, pleasantly. Communicate with customers in a friendly, professional, and patient manner.
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
- Immediately address any customer’s concern. Request the involvement of other Company personnel as required. Notify Team Leader of any major concerns and the action taken to resolve it.
- Never say or act as though something is not your job.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the Company.
- Provide backup support for other team members.
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively.
- Improve your personal performance on a continual basis. Suggest training programs or other opportunities for improvement to your Team Leader as they apply.
- Practice Shared Values
- Treat other with uncompromising truth
- Lavish trust on your associates
- Mentor unselfishly
- Be receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin
- Take personal risks for the organization’s sake
- Give credit where it’s due
- Do not touch dishonest dollars
- Put the interest of others before your own
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in a typical office, warehouse environment or in a vehicle
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb ladders.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online:
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ...and more!