The CDL Driver is accountable for safely driving A&A Class A vehicles, trucks and trailers to deliver products to customers.
The driver must serve as a customer service liaison by ensuring products are delivered, received and installed appropriately. Rigging relocations of the commercial and industrial equipment are relied heavily upon as a core service of the business.
To be successful in this position, the CDL Driver must demonstrate the ability to stay focused, operate vehicles safely and efficiently, and determine the best delivery routes as conditions indicate.
He/she must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff, employees, and the general public. The driver must communicate information clearly and effectively. He/she must also follow oral and written instructions in order to maintain accurate logs and records.
It is also vital for the CDL Driver to comply with all company safety programs, policies and procedures. The Driver must be able to pass a drug screening test and work in a drug free workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Class A trucks and trailers
- Lift, load, and unload trucks
- Operate forklifts to load and unload truck materials
- Provide timely and courteous delivery of materials between various types of establishments
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition (including a clean truck)
- Report unsafe acts or conditions that require the attention of any person other than the driver
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, documenting any deficiencies, hazards, or concerns
- Perform pre- and post-trip load inspections, ensuring materials are loaded properly; straps are secured and tightened; and communicate any problems or concerns with loads before beginning a trip or unloading at a delivery site
- Verify load / delivery paperwork matches load every trip before leaving the site
- Accurately record time on duty, driving, off duty, and pre and post trip inspections
- Operate vehicle according to all federal, state, and local laws, including those pertaining to Department of Transportation regulations
- Report and vehicle, load, or safety concerns immediately to the supervisor
- Maintain a professional appearance and driving manner, and provide excellent customer service at all delivery sites
- At least two years of related experience is required.
- Must hold a Commercial Driver’s License Class A, with a sufficiently clear driving record
- Ability to safely drive various types of vehicles
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, managers, and customers
- Must be physically able to perform all tasks required, and have ability to lift a minimum of approximately 100 lbs.
- Must be willing to work Mon – Fri / weekends
A&A Transfer, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.