InnovaSystems is a leading provider of information technology and software readiness solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and various government agencies.
We take a unique approach in developing systems to ensure the DoD is equipped with the most advanced & relevant software; being a member of the InnovaSystems family means you will be a direct contributor to the United States’ Security Strategy!
We empower our team members by providing challenging, meaningful work, in a leadership-oriented organization. Flexible work scheduling, leadership development, employee recognition and organized fitness programs are just some of the reasons why talented IT & Software professionals choose to work at InnovaSystems!
If you're looking for a career that makes a difference, contact us today.
We are currently seeking a high-performing Business Systems Analyst to join us at our Mark Center location in Alexandria, VA.
The BSA will join an energetic team that is dedicated to getting things done while maintaining a fun, collaborative work environment along the way.
You will play a vital role in supporting multiple government/DoD clients and an enterprise web application that has been in operation for almost 15 years and supports over 10k users.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working under minimal or no supervision and have the flexibility to tackle a variety of technical challenges that may fall outside the traditional scope of a BSA, if needed (e.g. testing activities such as documentation reviews, and/or user design).
The BSA’s day-to-day functions will include a variety of tasks, such as:
- Interfacing with key external stakeholders, subject matter experts, user experience, and the product manager to analyze and define requirements. You will also
- Working end-to-end as a proxy for the users and customers by interfacing directly with developers, testers, and other roles active in the software development life cycle.
- Writing detailed descriptions of user needs and the steps required to develop or modify functionality.
- Coordinating with the DoD customer to communicate product status and alignment to the organization’s needs.
- Frequent communication with senior military officers involved in plans, policy, training management, and readiness assessment.
- On the data side, you will work with appropriate organizations to identify relevant data sources as the primary liaison for Memorandums of Understanding/Memorandum of Agreement; you will be required to:
- Analyze data for new business rules
- Resolve inconsistencies such as missing and/or bad data
- Support complex queries from data source partners or customers.
Required skills & experience:
- Active, SECRET Security Clearance
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering from an accredited college or university (or, equivalent, specialized experience directly related to the requirements of this position).
- 5+ years of experience operating in an Agile environment
- Experience developing web application requirements and working with a development team to implement hardware and software solutions.
- Fluent knowledge of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) process, and proficiency within the field our solution is being implemented (Gov’t/Military/DoD)
- Experience working with senior military personnel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong commitment to learn the DoD Readiness business domain
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts
Desired knowledge & experience
- Previous Military experience
- Familiarity with Mission Essential Task Lists (METL)
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Visual Studio Team System
- Master’s degree preferred