Business Applications Support Manager
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates
The Business Applications Support Manager will be responsible for overseeing and evaluating the application of technology systems and procedures utilized by our organization. The BAS Manager will develop insight into the business, various platforms, and applications in order to continually improve the user experience, and ultimately enhance business operating efficiency.
This role will require a clear understanding of how the processes of each department (OU) impact business input/output. Additional responsibilities include making recommendations for hardware or software needs, instituting best practices, coaching/educating employees on new application use and procedures in order to assist management in implementing strategic business function improvements. As such, this position will partner with the technical, financial, and operational business teams to meet these objectives.
- This position is based out of our headquarters in Richmond, VA
- Some travel time (less than 15%) among company locations within Virginia and Maryland
- Attain deep knowledge in ERP modules, database structure and points of integration with other applications.
- Ensure the integrity and security of information and access to support company reporting and internal control standards.
- Provide ERP application support for approximately 500 users.
- Design & lead ERP projects such as platform installations, upgrades and migrations, data extracts for financial or audit purposes, integration with other mobile and cloud apps.
- Leverage change and release management process to ensure all platform updates and upgrades are thoroughly tested and signed-off prior to go-live.
- Partner with vendors regarding product roadmap, enhancement suggestions and support cases.
- Lead projects with operational leaders to drive ERP & process improvement.
- Provide recommendations to Executives in formulating operational strategy and tactical plans, taking into consideration technology and operational capabilities, as well as regulatory issues, and other business considerations
- Oversee ERP programs and projects to continually enhance user experience across the firm by using tools such as SharePoint, news feeds and hands-on training or knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintains confidentiality, protecting company, personal, and private information.
- Responsive to employees and managers.
- Possess a professional demeanor (appearance, attitude, and behavior).
- Other duties as assigned and required to the meet emerging ERP needs of the business.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business analytics, accounting, finance or business equivalent education and experience (see Qualifications below)
- Proven project management experience leading technical projects start to end.
- ERP support and implementation experience (construction/service industry platforms preferred)
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and internal controls (construction/service industry preferred)
- Phenomenal problem-solving skills, drive to do things the right way and ability to prioritize/triage constantly evolving user needs
- Application testing, change and release management discipline
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present to users and management (including the ability to communicate technical information to “non-technical” users)
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proven decision making, time management, and leadership skills
- Able to work in a remote work team environment
- Preferred Technology Exposure: Penta, OnBase, GoCanvas, ExakTime, SQL, Citrix, Crystal Reports, Logi Analytics, Sharepoint, Windows, Budget Maestro, Procore & Linux file system administration
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- EAP Resources
- Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone, computer, and automotive companies
- And much more
How to Apply
Apply online at