As Building Engineer you are responsible for the day to day maintenance operations in (4) EDGE Commercial Real Estate managed properties located in Gaithersburg and Germantown Maryland and totaling 210,000 sq. ft. of Class A and B commercial office and office condominium space. This position includes participation in a rotating on call schedule in which additional support may be required at other EDGE locations within the region. The Building Engineer will work with the Chief & Lead Engineers to ensure that all maintenance resources, funds, materials, and equipment, are being used in the most efficient manner as to preempt tenant disruptions and minimize equipment downtime.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of HVAC, energy management, electrical, plumbing, lighting, life safety, fire protection, and security systems
- Plan, coordinate, and/or perform preventive maintenance and repair services on building operating systems including HVAC, electrical/lighting, plumbing, fire & life safety, and security systems. Consults with clients/property managers to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Retrieve pricing for parts/supplies and service repairs. Coordinate contractor, tenant, and management approval.
- Assist with the coordination and oversight of maintenance efforts with outside vendors.
- Complete tenant requests in a timely manner ensuring proper follow up upon completion.
- Ensure that all required inspections remain up to date for building operating systems including Fire/Sprinkler Systems, Elevators, Boilers, Backflow Preventers, etc.
- Maintain Stock and inventory control.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of all work areas.
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule for the Maryland portfolio ensuring timely responses as needed for after-hours emergency calls.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must maintain a valid drivers license
- Technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, repair and maintenance and overall system design and application.
- Previous experience with automated building management systems and/or energy management control systems.
- Ability to read and utilize blueprints, schematics, and control diagrams a plus
- Attended a certified trade school and obtained VAC certificate or has equivalent education and experience from other industry related trades.
- Universal CFC Certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact positively with a wide range of people
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines
- Ability to effectively present information to Management, owners, and building occupants
- Monthly fuel reimbursement
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Uniforms/Laundry Services provided
- Cell phone provided
- Continuing Education