Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2017) is seeking a Building Automation System (BAS) Service Technician for our office in Chesapeake, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for seven consecutive years; 2011 through 2017.
Normal Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-Time
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
To provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by meeting customer needs and commitments through the overall performance and execution of BAS service agreements, BAS retrofit projects, and system service. Develop customer relationships with building owners, work in coordination with the BAS service team leader and direct sales team in developing system solutions, and increasing the BAS service agreements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferred - Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 5 years of experience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required - Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and AutoCAD beneficial
- Preferred - Experience with HVAC systems and controls troubleshooting
- Preferred - Familiarity with Trane Tracer Summit Architecture
- Required - Exceptional customer service skills
- Required - Strong organizational skills
- Required - Excellent communication skills
- Required - Detail oriented
- Required - Be able to follow directions and work well with others
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fulfill contract obligations effectively and efficiently
- Maintain customer relations and deliver world class customer service
- Respond to trouble calls and work with minimal assistance
- Perform warranty work to include attending warranty handoff meetings when needed, visiting warranty sites
- Assist with the acquisition of pull through work and notification of appropriate Damuth team members ASR’s and BAS service team leader of opportunities
- Assist with development of solutions when appropriate
- Perform remote site analysis via modem or web access
- Assist System Specialist on projects when needed
- Responsible for completing and turning in all service reports, inspection sheets, and timesheets in a timely manner
- Will plan forecasted work and schedule as needed with the customer service representatives
- Will maintain correspondence with customer service representatives daily to include daily expected customer visits
- Dress appropriately and within the company guidelines to represent a professional service
- Maintain company vehicle cleanliness, tools, and safety equipment
- Report directly to the BAS service team leader
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the Company.
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively.
- Improve your personal performance on a continual basis. Suggest training programs or other opportunities for improvement to your Team Leader as they apply.
- Use safe work practices in the office and promote safe practices in the field.
- Notify your Team Leader of any unsafe conditions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Virginia Driver’s License and excellent driving record
- Required - Ability to pass drug screening.
- Required - Mobility within the office and on job site.
- Required - Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds regularly, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Required - Willing to travel locally as required.
- Required - Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Required - Valid Driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Required - Ability to communicate with others both written and orally.
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online:
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE/AA, Drug-Free Workplace
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ...and more!