Power Mechanical, Inc is currently seeking hardworking, career-oriented individuals of good character to fill multiple Boiler Service Technician positions within our organization. Our company is family-owned and operated in Newport News, Virginia, and we specialize in the production of energy, both hot and cold. We rent, sell, purchase, service, and install a wide variety of large industrial equipment which includes boilers, chillers, cooling towers, valves, generators, and more. Power Mechanical has been in business for 31 years and currently has approximately 100 employees, many of which have been with us since the day we opened. Our company serves clients on five continents within various industries, ranging from projects at the White House to providing equipment on the other side of the world to textile mills in Saudi Arabia. We are a faith-based organization with a strong commitment to helping our team members grow both in and out of work. We host monthly training sessions for all employees, focusing on personal and professional development, corporate culture, and safety.
Primary responsibilities are the start-up, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of industrial water tube and fire tube boilers. This position reports to the Service Manager and President of Power Mechanical, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide range of industrial boilers.
- Provide emergency field service for boilers.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and combustion troubleshooting and repair of industrial boilers in the field.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required start-up, maintenance and repairs.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments in the field.
- Operate and maintain various field instruments to perform job functions.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction while in the field. Keep customer informed on the nature of the service provided and of outstanding issues. Recommend repairs to the customer as necessary.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those or any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Manage assigned work proficiently to meet schedules and customer expectations.
- Interface with service manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provide training and assist customer to develop operating procedures for boilers.
- Compile job documentation such as service reports, certificates of completion, customer training forms and punch lists.
- Combustion and mechanical proficiency to troubleshoot problems.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn industrial PLC control systems.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good math, writing and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Significant travel in North America is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training: must have industrial boiler or electrical/mechanical experience.
- 2+ years of related experience in the service or maintenance of industrial machinery with PLC control systems.
- Ideal candidate will have Fireye E-100 or Honeywell 7800 experience plus Allen Bradley logic experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Capacity to properly handle confidential information and records.
- Aptitude to analyze information in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle adverse situations in a professional manner.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
You will quickly become knowledgeable in our industry as you progress. We focus on character and adaptability so the applicant must have a professional demeanor, be punctual and easy to get along with yet focused and self-driven. This position is subject to a background check, to include criminal, credit and motor vehicle review.
Power Mechanical, Inc. maintains a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our company, go to or visit our social media sites at:
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!