ENGINEERED SERVICES, INC. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Sterling, VA, ESI has grown to specialize in the more exacting varieties of Building Automation Systems & Services such as Energy Management, Access Control, System Integration, Design-Build projects and much more. ESI is a privately owned and operated business with over 70 employees servicing the Washington DC, Southern Virginia and Tidewater Virginia regions.
A Software Programmer will implement software code and manage all aspects of the software code delivery and commissioning for commercial Building Automation System (BAS) projects. Software Programmer will require little or no oversight and management, and will be able to do very complex projects. The Software Programmer will be able to do network troubleshooting, database troubleshooting and repair programming, work in non-standard programming languages such as proprietary and programmable logic control (PLC) based systems. Software Programmer must be proficient with BACnet and Modbus with BAS integration.
- Health and Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Education and Tuition Assistance
- Company computer and cell phone
- Vacation/PTO/Sick Leave
- Company Vehicle
- Manage and direct the programming activities of each project assigned to ensure delivery of services occur on time and within budget.
- Tasks include: programming, working closely with engineering to provide the intended sequence of operation, working within project timelines, friendly customer communications, follow-up, reporting and turnover.
- Software Programmer must work with and oversee the GUI implementation for each of his/her projects. When Graphic Engineer is not available, Software Programmer will create and implement graphics. Provide final Quality Assurance and Review of the graphics of each project.
Additional activities to include:
- Regular status meetings and reports to management
- Create implementation plan for each project when assigned
- Manage project budgets with regard to programming hours
- Implement standardized "systems" to streamline job duties and tasks including the ongoing "library" of software and application specific programs/ graphics.
- Assist Management to accomplish special projects as directed.
- Bachelors of Science degree or 7 years’ experience in software engineering for BAS is preferred. A demonstrated proficiency in programming BAS systems is highly regarded.
- Thorough knowledge of building operations (HVAC, Security, or Fire systems, network layout, communications) is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of automation required with emphasis on programming, and software implementation is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Experience with C++, Java, XML, Visual Basic, or relational databases is highly regarded.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and capabilities