As a result of our continued growth Engineered Services Inc. is seeking candidates to join our team as a Building Automation System Project Engineer. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Sterling, VA, ESI has grown to specialize in the more exacting varieties of Building Automation Systems & Services such as digital facility automation, access control, systems integration, graphical user interfaces, design-build projects and much more. ESI is a privately owned and operated business with over 70 employees servicing the Washington DC, Southern Virginia and Tidewater Virginia regions.
To develop a complete control system design to meet the needs of a customer seeking reliable, efficient and cost saving solutions for their building automation needs.
- Study of customer specifications and plans to understand the intent of the project.
- Develop control architectures and outline system integration requirements.
- Generate wiring and installation diagrams in AutoCad.
- Take the design and apply focused engineering to select the required control hardware and interface devices.
- Produce concise, user friendly product data and control drawing submittals to present to the customer.
- Work with engineering manager and/or field technicians to properly implement design.
- Generate Operations and Maintenance Manuals including revised control drawings to reflect “As-built” conditions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with AutoCad and basic understanding of electrical/HVAC systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical and electrical plans
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Clear, precise written communicator
- Creativity in solving technical problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Good time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Punctual and reliable
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3 plus years working with HVAC controls and Building Automation Systems
- Knowledge of various building automation system products (Schneider Electric Andover Continuum and SmartStruxure lines, Delta Controls, Siemens Building Technologies, Inc. APOGEE, Johnson Controls Metasys, Automated Logic)
- Ability to engage in streamlining the design process for engineering department
Pay: Commensurate with experience and capabilities.
ESI offers a great benefits package that includes:
• Aggressive Wages and Compensation
• Medical & Dental Insurance (50% emp/ 50% company)
• 8 Paid Holidays
• 6 Paid PTO days
• Vacation (up to 15 days, commensurate with experience)
• Long Term Disability (after 90 Days)
• 401k with Safe Harbor Company matching
• Developmental Assistance (up to $3k/ yr)
• Annual Bonus
• Employee & Family Events