Drummac, Inc. is an integrated rail services company that specializes in providing mechanical and janitorial services to the transportation industry. With operations located across the United States, the services we perform range in scope from routine mechanical maintenance, inspections, repairs and cleaning to providing equipment and supplies for the transportation industry with a niche in passenger rail. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
The Auto Train Driver must be able to work in compliance while driving automobiles between vehicle reception area and the automobile carriers. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Operates the vehicle ramp to permit vehicle loading and unloading to both levels of the bi-level vehicle carriers.
- Ensures the placement and removal of protective materials.
- Drives the vehicle onto the carriers.
- At arrival, drives the vehicle to the reception area.
- Loads and unloads motorcycles onto Amtrak-furnished carts and towing the carts on and off vehicle carriers.
- Assists Chockers in the precise positioning of automobiles within the vehicle carriers.
- Wears and uses required protective equipment while working.
- Takes responsibility for own safety while on the job.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Skilled in operating all types of vehicles
- Must be able to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on-call is required.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement work conditions is required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment screening process.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)