IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial & Industrial Division, seeking Commercial Electrical Construction Assistant Project Managers in Suffolk, VA.
- The Assistant Project Manager (APM) will assist project teams and Project Manager for assigned project(s). Various activities will be handled by the APM of minor to moderate scope and complexity in order to support the execution of electrical construction work. The Assistant Project Manager ensures that all administrative and technical duties associated with contracted work are carried out in accordance with contractual obligations and in concert with the Company’s requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned work must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to the following for assigned project (s): Submittals, document control (contract drawings and specifications), RFI’s, Bulletins, change orders and cost proposals, trade coordination, PO management/releases, subcontracts, timekeeping/daily reports, labor production tracking, field support, scheduling, and correspondence to achieve Company performance and customer delivery goals.
- Will perform various duties to facilitate and support the execution of electrical construction work.
- Manage submittals. Create and maintain submittal log. Coordinate with subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely receipt of submittal deliverables. Review submittals for accuracy with contract documents and design. Submit and track submittals to the contractor and/or A/E client. Communicate needed revisions and resubmittals with the vendor (s).
- Responsible for document control. Review contract drawings and specifications. Manage upkeep of documents with Bulletin and other changes.
- Manage RFI’s and process. Coordinate with the field manager (s) and project manager to identify clarifications needed. Submit RFI’s to client and maintain log internally.
- Potential Change Orders – Will identify, price and submit change order requests to the client (s). Estimate scope changes and communicate with field/project manager on affected work. Maintain change order log for assigned project (s).
- Purchase Orders for Material and Equipment – Manage vendors to ensure needed materials and equipment arrive on site in a timely manner in accordance with the CPM schedule. Create and maintain logs for major purchase orders such as lighting, switchgear, etc. Work in conjunction with project manager and purchasing manager to accomplish these tasks.
- Assist in detailing and shop drawings of electrical work, and coordination amongst trades (BIM) utilizing technology as required by specific project (s).
- Review schedules for project, both internal and CPM schedules received from client. Assist project team in schedule analysis for impacts, delays, etc.
- Subcontracts – Manage subcontractor administrative requirements. Coordinate with subcontractors, client and internal team to ensure timely execution of subcontractor’s work, approval of shop drawings, etc.
- Assist field and project managers with weekly coordination of timecards and daily reports. Ensure accuracy of time reported to correct cost codes.
- Assist project and field manager (s) with tracking production of installed work. Review for accuracy and that performance is up to company standards established for the project.
- Assist in various tasks to support the field workforce and field manager.
- Integrate with, promote and demonstrate compliance with Company safety program and culture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager (s).
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 or more years’ experience/knowledge in electrical contracting is desired.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach and professional.
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation (s).
- Must have proven skill level to interpret drawings and other project documents, including but not limited to; specifications, reporting and quality control requirements.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and be attentive to details.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must possess the ability to learn Company and customer project management systems.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Company Overview: IES Commercial, Inc. – Commercial & Industrial Division, a subsidiary of IES Holdings, Inc. (IES), an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. IES is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. IES Commercial & Industrial operates diverse business units across the United States, each focusing on distinct market segments and geographies, with some business units operating nationally. Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it.
Benefits: Exceptional benefits including 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary match, flexible medical-dental-vision insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/AD&D insurance and highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off in the majority of business units.