Job Title: Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer
Branch and Associates, Inc. provides professional, commercial construction services on a diverse array of projects to a broad range of private and public sector owners. Driven by a core value of establishing mutually beneficial relationships with clients and industry partners, Branch operates on principles of shared respect and transparency. After decades of steady growth, Branch is one of Virginia’s largest, most diversified and distinguished commercial construction firms.
Responsible for measuring, reporting and forecasting accurate cost and revenue dollars and quantities. Assistant Project Manager /Project Engineer is a resource with regards to project documents, plans, and job specifications. Jointly responsible with Project Manager and Superintendent for success of the project.
- Completion of a minimum of an Associate’s degree in an Engineering, Construction Management, or Business related field supplemented by a minimum of 5 years construction experience.
- Completion of a four-year degree in an Engineering, Construction Management or a Business related field supplemented with a minimum of 3 years construction.
- Reads and understands elements of all required/applicable contracts. Assisting Project Manager with the Company’s authority on contracts between the Owner and the Company.
- Closely monitors all Subcontractor performance in order to ascertain that each subcontractor is in compliance with all provisions and requirements of his/her contract with Company. Ensures that all field records are being kept. Performs periodic audits. Ensures that changes are correctly posted to budget and other job tracking systems.
- Documents important transactions, agreements, delays or events relating to contract, (e.g., photos, videotaping, event long) to ensure company’s best interest is served and protected.
- Assists in pricing, negotiating, and collecting for all change orders and extra work, if required by management.
- Develops and communicates an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent for constructing the project and determines the means and methods necessary (including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Verifies that all means and methods will be compliance with all local, state and federal regulation and will comply with all contract provisions.
- Works with and assists the superintendent and project manager in planning work, scheduling delivery of materials, interpretation of plans and specifications and other help necessary to have a profitable completed project.
- Makes required computations as needed for ordering materials. Expedites materials – becomes adept at contacting manufacturers, suppliers, and subcontractors to keep material flow on schedule.
- Maintains and updates the schedule ensuring appropriate documentation of changes and distribution to others.
- Provides the superintendent and management with current cost data, as required, to monitor the financial status of project, including the responsibility for correctly coded changes of labor, equipment, and invoices.
- Health and Vision, including a Wellness Plan
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Vacation and Sick Time