Trumbo Electric, Inc. offers career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual. We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work! If you are interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
... then a career with Trumbo Electric, Inc. may be right for you!
Trumbo Electric, Inc. sponsors apprenticeship training and also offers various in-house educational opportunities.
- Six Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Health, Disability & Life insurance
- Bonus Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Education Expenses
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Employee Assistance
Trumbo Electric, Inc., a division of Riddleberger Brothers, Inc., located in Broadway, VA was founded in 1948 and is the oldest electrical contractor in western Virginia and a pioneer in design build construction. For more information about Trumbo Electric, Inc. go to .
Assistant Project Manager
Assist in planning, directing and coordinating activities related to assigned projects to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are successfully completed within established timeframes and budgeting parameters.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assemble and log shop drawings and mail to GC/Owner.
- Label, organize, and catalog job files in records room.
- Assist in scheduling subcontractors, material deliveries, power company, and building inspections.
- Send, receive and log RFI’s (request for information) and CO’s (change orders).
- Maintain submittal logs and respond accordingly.
- Assemble and submit As-Built Drawings, O&M (operation and maintenance) manuals, warranties, and other close out documents to GC/Owner.
- Copy drawings, specifications, and other documents as needed.
- Edit, type and proof read all correspondence and proposals (including emails).
- Submit transmittal letter with all shop drawings, drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, etc.
- Type panel schedules and labels.
- Package, mail or deliver documents.
- Assist with writing subcontracts and P.O.’s (purchase orders).
- Assist with verifying device and light fixture counts.
- Log and track material deliveries.
- Assist with permit application.
- Review job costs reports for major variances and help determine costs to date.
- Track equipment rental renewal dates.
- Keep minutes on important agenda in staff meetings on Friday mornings at 8:30 AM.
- Keep monthly calendar as to when specific job billings are due.
- Coordinate getting cost overviews and pre-billing reports from accounting for distribution to project managers in advance of job billings.
- Assist project managers in proof reading for accuracy before invoices are printed.
- Follow up to make sure all job billings are mailed and/or faxed on time.
- Return submittals to suppliers and subcontractors and log release dates.
- Receive and distribute emails to appropriate individuals.
- Receive calls for project managers when necessary.
- Visit jobsites and attend jobsite meetings for project managers when the project manager is not available to do so. Take and distribute notes or minutes from those meetings as appropriate.