The Asphalt Plant General Superintendent is primarily responsible for the diagnostics, repair and maintenance of plant equipment to maintain smooth operations for the assigned asphalt plants. Works closely with the lab technicians and plant superintendents to ensure compliance with all specifications, environmental and safety regulations.
• High School diploma/GED. Some vocational or college preferred
• Knowledge of the capability and proper operation of asphalt plants
• Must have a thorough knowledge of MSHA/OSHA/DEQ/EPA regulations and regulatory agencies
• Knowledge of asphalt designs, mixes, and grades
• Understand how to operate and maintain fixed and mobile equipment.
• Advanced electrical and mechanical skills
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must have computer skills, good leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
• Participation in OEM or Factory Schools preferred
• Demonstrates advanced asphalt operations